- Prevention is better than cure but most doctors stay in their clinic/hospital and work on just cure.
- Preventive tests are way for early detection but not prevention. Confused?
- Thomas Edison stated “The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest her or his patients in the care of the human frame, in a proper diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease.”
- Lets give a try on Corona Prevention –
- Washing hands with soap is a good prevention. Still corona is happening.
- Before washing hands, we open the tap with dirty hands and then after washing hands… we again touch the tap to close it.
- At that time we again make our hands dirty.
- If we use elbow to operate the tap and then wash our hands. Will it not be good?
- Either we can do so with our existing taps or have our tap design changed.
- Elbow Taps are specifically designed to operate with elbow.
- You may see Elbow tap in operation theatre… where doctors use it to wash their hands.
The cost of Elbow operated Tap is less than the Doctor consultation.
There is no commission with this link else you may check from any other vendor.
World Health Organisation recommends first six months exclusive breast milk whereas International Labour Organisation standard for paid maternity leaves is minimum 12 weeks and recommended 14 weeks.
Maternity leaves policy differ among all the countries.
Infant Mortality Rate can be improved with six months breast milk.
Paid Maternity leaves policy is followed as per International Labour Organisation standard. This standard was revised in 1952 and calls for a minimum 12-week leave although a 14-week leave is recommended.
Example of India:
Maternity leaves policy existed for 12 weeks as per Maternity Benefit Act, 1961. First six months breast milk is important for the child and it was evident with the Infant mortality rate trend. The policy makers in India understood the problem. So, Central Govt. employees were granted 185 days paid maternity leaves from the year 2008. However, still private employees are availing 12 weeks paid maternity leaves.
Request to update ILO standards for maternity leaves policy to 6 months will take time.
But without breaking policy, working mom can avail maternity leaves. 12 weeks paid and remaining unpaid maternity leaves. This will make the new generation and mankind safer and sustainable.
Your inputs/effort will be great to the mankind.
Reference link: http://www.ilo.org/global/about-the-ilo/newsroom/news/WCMS_008009/lang–en/index.htm