- Prevention is better than cure but most doctors stay in their clinic/hospital and work on just cure.
- Preventive tests are way for early detection but not prevention. Confused?
- Thomas Edison stated “The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest her or his patients in the care of the human frame, in a proper diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease.”
- Lets give a try on Corona Prevention –
- Washing hands with soap is a good prevention. Still corona is happening.
- Before washing hands, we open the tap with dirty hands and then after washing hands… we again touch the tap to close it.
- At that time we again make our hands dirty.
- If we use elbow to operate the tap and then wash our hands. Will it not be good?
- Either we can do so with our existing taps or have our tap design changed.
- Elbow Taps are specifically designed to operate with elbow.
- You may see Elbow tap in operation theatre… where doctors use it to wash their hands.
The cost of Elbow operated Tap is less than the Doctor consultation.
There is no commission with this link else you may check from any other vendor.
Your Well Wisher Program conducted a workshop on Save Water at IIT Delhi – Check Details
What design changes can save water? Can products be designed efficient to save water. For example, Wash basin should be foot controlled and can save water up to 70%. How it can be designed?
This video converted from ppt showcased in Green Week at IIT Delhi held on 22nd Aug 2015. Please share.
Such product can solve the water crisis of the world. It gives the measure of how much effective it can be. At the same time, it gives better hygiene.
Shoelace based shoes are complex, time wasting, risky and unhygienic product to use.
MunnaBhai Hand wash Message
Save 70% water for Hand wash anywhere in the world
Water is life. Let’s attempt to solve a commonly known problem: Global Water Crisis //Part 1
Water tap is a poorly designed product. It runs unnecessarily and wastes water. It is difficult to manage water tap when both the hands are busy washing each other. Also, water tap does not allow cleaning hands. The person opens the tap with dirty hands, wash it with soap, and then closing the tap means dirt from tap can again come back to the cleaned hands. The two problems are addressed with motion sensitive taps. It may be liked by many but it again does not meet requirement of common man. The pricing of the technology is far difficult to manage for the common man. So, there is a need to design simple product and at the price where common man can manage.
Look at the Tailor’s sewing machine in your near market. The tailor sits on a chair, and then use his feet to manage the mechanics of sewing machine. Hands are free from managing the mechanics and sewing the cloth becomes much easier. Similarly, now think for making a wash basin. The person sits on a chair, and then uses his feet to manage the flow of water from the tap; uses one feet for controlling the soap dispenser. Hands are free from managing the water tap and soap dispenser. Now, Hand wash with soap becomes much easier and hygienic. This product design will not only meet the objective but will extend many other benefits –
1) Water is not wasted.
2) Hands are not touched to tap
3) Hands are not touched to soap dispenser
4) Highest hygiene
5) Better wellbeing
6) Pricing of the product for the common man etc
Let’s be practical. The design needs a prototype (working model) and rather designing it and showing it, it was thought to find something similar to it on the internet. Luckily, it was available on Internet. The paddle based hand wash is designed and is in use in Africa. The product might miss patenting the design and so could not went into our homes.
The existing product is a prototype and is working as a success. The existing product can be improved with the mechanics of sewing machine. This new product will definitely solve the commonly known problem: Global Water Crisis and do much more. Don’t you think so?
Link for prototype: http://www2.wsp.org/scalinguphandwashing/enablingtechnologies/index.cfm?Page=Search&DocID=314&sr=2
Action: If you like this reading and wish to read Part 2, you have to like my Facebook page www.facebook.com/yourwellwisherprogram. The Part 2 will be published on 250 likes for my Facebook page. Everyone who likes the page becomes the promoter of my program. Also, I have an open invitation to the subject matter expert who can make this product a reality. Thanks.